Kidpower’s Ten Core People Safety Skills for Both Adults and Children
These skills are at the heart of what we teach and practice in Kidpower workshops:
• Stay aware and act confident.
• Protect your feelings from hurtful words or behavior.
• Stay in charge of what you say and do by managing your emotional triggers.
• Recognize what is and is not safe.
• Move away from trouble and toward safety.
• Check First and Think First.
• Set powerful and respectful boundaries.
• Follow the safety rules about touch, teasing, and play in healthy relationships.
• Persist until you get the help you need.
• Be prepared to use your voice and body to stop an attack.