Doing Right by Our Kids
Protecting Child Safety at All Levels
We've seen great progress in keeping our kids safe. Yet we still have a long way to go! Research has shown that bullying, abuse, and other harmful childhood experiences cause suffering not only when they occur, but can negatively affect individuals throughout their lives. Unfortunately, the fear of feeling uncomfortable and not knowing what to do often get in the way of taking effective action. Doing Right by Our Kids creates a full circle of safety, getting adults on the same page--in families, schools, organizations, and communities.
The safety of kids is everybody's business! Discover how to:
- Use the powerful 'Safety at All Levels' model, beginning at home and then extending to neighbors, schools, sports, and beyond.
- Become a positive, powerful advocate for child safety and respect.
- Take charge of two critical factors that create vulnerable situations.
- Apply 'In the Moment' strategies to stop problems from growing.
- Teach confidence-building safety skills for kids, and strategies that all adults need to know.
- Use powerful keys to persuade larger organizations to take action to protect child safety and respect at all levels.
- Bonus toolkit: Essential skills, strategies, and practices from Kidpower®, a proven global leader in 'People Safety' education for all ages and abilities.